Slices of Time: Technology Meets Wellness in new Healthcare Carpet Collection
Based on the internal clockwork of humankind, Collective Time is a tile and broadloom collection that takes inspiration of the shifting light captured from day to night and proportions of time tracked in our daily routines of activity and rest.
Collective Time earned a Gold Award in healthcare flooring in this year’s Best of NeoCon competition.
Intrigued by the body’s circadian rhythm, the Shaw Contract Group design team used wearable technology to track daily routines throughout the development of the collection and become more mindful of activity levels and sleep/wake cycles. The metrics created from this personal data served as inspiration for the collection.
“Collective Time is a story of technology and wellness brought together. In addition to the product inspiration, this collection is designed for healthcare environments and features high-performance Cradle to Cradle materials,” said Shaw Contract Group Creative Director Reesie Duncan.
Featuring three tile and two broadloom styles, the products can be used to create scale and subtle color shifts across the floor. Collective Time offers the ability to create a dynamic pattern mix or a more monochromatic space.
- Activity Tile: a small scale pattern with color undulating from light to dark emulating the 24-hour light cycle. Available in 8 colors.
- Unwind Tile: a medium scale pattern representing movement during intervals of the day. Available in 8 colors.
- Rest Tile: the largest scale pattern with a soft wash of calm. Available in 16 colors.
- Dusk: a small scale, textural broadloom with color undulating from light to dark emulating the 24-hour light cycle. Available in 16 colors.
- Dawn: a large scale broadloom pattern based on the charting of activity cycles during the day. Available in 16 colors.
Manufactured with Solution Q Extreme fiber and EcoWorx tile backing or Ultraloc broadloom backing, Collective Time is Cradle to Cradle Silver Certified, completely recyclable, and manufactured with recycled content. Designed primarily for high performance environments, products feature enhanced ability to resist soils and prevent acid-based stains and pass the GSA test of permanent stain resistance. This collection is backed by a lifetime commercial warranty, protecting against abrasive wear, static build-up, tuft bind, edge ravel & delamination.
About Shaw Contract Group
Shaw Contract Group defines design by great appearance, performance and sustainability. As a division of Shaw Industries, Shaw Contract Group combines expertise from the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and the financial stability of a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary. For more information, visit shawcontractgroup.com.
High Resolution Images: