Design Journey: Shaw Contract Group explores global craft with Novice & Master collection
Design Journey is an exploration of deep-rooted cultures and handmade traditions. Inspired by the Shaw Contract Group design team travels to Cambodia and Laos, the collection celebrates the culture, craft and technique of artisan weavers and captures the art of silk weaving in a luxurious and richly textured collection of designs.
Design Journey: Novice & Master earned a Silver Award in modular carpet in this year’s Best of NeoCon competition.
“The Shaw Contract Group design team thrives on new challenges, and Design Journey builds upon our passion for travel and global craft.” said Shaw Contract Group Creative Director Reesie Duncan.
Plush, textural and sophisticated, Design Journey includes two broadloom and six tile products. Refined textures with a high luster finish lend the collection well to professional services, corporate office and high end retail environments. Products offer varied scales of textures and eight styles in 15 colors, including warm and cool neutrals and deep rich hues.
“The styles explore the uniqueness between generations and expertise,” said Duncan. “Those that represent the novice replicate the new weaver with irregular fabric and inconsistent textures, while others represent precise and complex patterns of the experienced master weaver.”
- Artisan Tile: an irregular stitch pattern with a nod to the fine and smooth elements of silk
- Artisan Loom: a broadloom version of artisan tile featuring an irregular stitch pattern
- Cloth Tile: the rough course texture in this tile pays homage to a raw silk
- Plainweave Tile: horizontal woven accent bands overlaid in the Cloth texture
- Kit Tile: a near solid, the masterful simplicity comes from a single continuous color of lustrous thread
- Chok Tile: precisely adds multiple colors for an intricate woven-like texture
- Matmee Tile: delicate threads of lustrous yarns alternate rhythmically throughout tiles, inspired by the great skill needed to achieve the complexity of ikat resist dye patterns
- Chok Loom: a delicate broadloom pattern with the texture of Kit combined with the detail of Chok
Products range from 38 – 40 ounces and are constructed of EcoSolution Q fiber and EcoWorx tile or Ultraloc broadloom backing, offering a lifetime commercial warranty covering abrasive wear, tuft bind, edge ravel and delamination. Cradle to Cradle Silver certified, completely recyclable and manufactured with recycled content, all products offer a sustainable flooring solution and contribute to LEED certification.
High Resolution Images:
>>Download Design Journey Press Release