Experience a seismic shift as the Shaw Contract Group design team guides designers and architects through a cultural evolution in full spectrum. Be inspired; watch COLOREVOLUTION online and earn free IDCEC and AIA continuing education (CEU) credit. In this color and trend forecast, the Shaw Contract Group design team unveils current environmental, social and economic shifts; explains how these factors drive color; and shares tips on incorporating these trends in commercial interiors today.
“COLOREVOLUTION is the combination of months of research into social, economic and environmental shifts in design,” said Reesie Duncan, Shaw Contract Group Creative Director. “We live in a world emblazoned by change; COLOREVOLUTION captures this change in a unique way by showing inspiring imaginary paired with intriguing color combinations.”
COLOREVOLUTION explores the story of progression into a new future through color expressed by six personas, each conflicted with two contradictory qualities to create a new world of possibilities. Innovation and progress is found in the middle. The personas are:
- The Radical: finds beauty in the decay, destruction and the flawed. A rally call for positive change.
- The Visionary: light-infused, ethereal, pure of intentions and design. A clear perspective brings attraction to materials and objects, evoking honesty and purity.
- The Nomad: grounded and reconnected with nature. Develop a more serious interest in the overall health and well being of us, our planet and future generations.
- The Futurist: subtle tones become a spectrum of statement hues. Surfaces shine with iridescent effects and mercury-like treatments.
- The Resident: essential and straight-forward design become valued above all. Utilitarian shades add a pop of color or make a monochromatic statement.
- The Globeseeker: drawn from a variety of cultures. Bright, neon-inspired colors oscillate in a pop explosion of artistic expression.
Watching the video online and completing the follow-up quiz qualifies for the following distance learning credits: 1 AIA Learning Unit and/or .1 IDCEC CEU credit for IIDA, ASID and IDC. To receive credit, watch the video, enter your contact information in a provided online form and take a brief quiz on the video. After passing the quiz, your information is sent to the appropriate accrediting agency.
Also, you can emblazon your Pinterest with our COLOREVOLUTION Pinterest contest. Create a board based on your favorite persona and each month our Design Team will select a winner.