CARTERSVILLE, Ga. – May 28, 2013 – In its eighth year, the Shaw Contract Group Design Is… Award program honors architecture and design firms that are changing the very idea of what design is. This year, Shaw Contract Group introduced Market Awards, representing the highest caliber of work within an industry segment and/or geographic region. An esteemed group of design professionals selected 48 winners out of more than 350 entries submitted from 26 countries.
Winning firms will be recognized in our annual NeoCon magazine and featured on our website. Additionally, winners will be a part of People’s Choice voting, in which fans will vote on their favorite projects and choose a winner. Shaw Contract Group will also promote the winners through promotional and marketing materials.
Winning projects include:
Large Office Winners
Bedrijfsverzamelgebouw Regionaal Archief Rivierenland en Stichting Christelijke Woningcorporatie
Tiel, Gelderland, The Netherlands
Annekoos Littel Interieurarchitecten BNI
Mid-size Office Winners
Small Office Winners
Twenty three distinguished members of the design community evaluated each project based on its design solutions beyond aesthetic quality. The jurors reviewed the challenges, processes and results of each project and how each design team defined design.
The judging panel included:
- John Cantrell, HOK Atlanta
- Tara Lenney, Corgan Associates
- Darlene Shannon, Zurich Farmers Real Estate
- Anne-Marie Gianoudis, Gresham, Smith and Partners
- Luis Valcarcel, Ted Moudis Associates
- Matthew Wasylciw, IA Interior Architects
- Lynnette Tedder, Perkins+Will
- Scott McFadden, HKS
- Ardis Hutchins, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- Lynn Befu, Stantec
- Florence Reif, Villanova University
- Ike Lowry, Cannon Design
- Eric Lind, Gensler
- David Meyer, Target
- Shonda McKinney-Short, Macy’s
- Kelly Gaddes, FRCH Design Worldwide
- Eduardo Manzano, VOA Associates
- Matthew Kobylar, Gensler
- Juan-Manuel Lemus, Lemus Montaño Arquitectos S.A. de C.V.
- Phillips Connor, DB&B Pte Ltd
- Carol Jones, Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning LTD
- Marilyn White, Dialog Design
- Yaxin Chen, Robarts Interiors and Architecture, Ltd.
About Shaw Contract Group
Shaw Contract Group defines design not only by great appearance, but also performance and sustainability. The result is long-lasting carpet with vibrant colors, distinctive patterns, and minimal environmental impact. As a division of Shaw Industries, Shaw Contract Group combines the expertise of the world’s largest carpet manufacturer with the financial stability of a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary. For more information, visit shawcontractgroup.com.